Friday, October 08, 2010

Happy Birthday, John Lennon!

There is no better way to capture the essence of this prophet of peace, who went from abandonment to the heights of acceptance, from violence and aggression to giving peace a chance, and who lost his life to a jealous fan’s bullet, than to let him speak for himself.  

Imagine there's no Heaven, It's easy if you try, No hell below us, Above us only sky
Imagine all the people, Living for today

Imagine there's no country, It isn't hard to do, Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too
Imagine all the people, Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one.  I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people, Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one.  I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

Read my full post on Lennon's 70th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...